Area 4 & National Championships
Area 4 Summer Show at Richmond Equestrian Centre
Showjumping Day- 22nd July 2017
Dressage Day- 23rd July 2017
Saturday 22nd July:
Show Jumping classes- 80cm ,90cm, 100cm, 110cm-
Style Jumping Classes 75cm & 85cm , Style Jumping is similar to Show Jumping, but marks are based on the rider’s performance rather than the horse’s. Consisting of two sections, 75cm and 85cm, for both juniors and seniors at the Qualifiers and Championships
Sunday 23rd July:
The Riding Test is similar to a Dressage test, but marks are awarded according to the rider’s performance, and the horse’s paces are not considered. Individual or Team, For Senior teams two members ride the Prelim RT and the other two ride the Novice RT. Junior team members all ride Prelim RT
Senior tests are BRC Novice RT 2016 or BRC Prelim RT 2014
Junior test is BRC Prelim RT 2014
Juniors Tests are Prelim 2, Prelim 14, Prelim 18, Novice 34 & Elementary 53
Senior Tests are Prelim 18, Novice 24, Novice 27, Novice 34 & Elementay 53
The championships are at Lincoln showground on 2nd & 3rd September
Area 4 Team Horse Trails at Breckenbrough
Held on 18th June 2017 for Juniors and Seniors at Helen Bells Equestrian Centre.
Consisting of a team of 4, which will include a Dressage Test, Showjumping round and then a Cross Country round.
There are also an individual's section.
80cm, 90cm, 1m, 1m+
Dressage Tests are:
80cm- BRC HT 80 Q&C (2013)
90cm- BRC HT 90 Q (2013)
100cm- BRC HT 100 Q (2013)
100cm+-BRC HT 100+Q (2013)
Please either complete the entry form and post or enter online.
Entries have closed but watch our Facebook page for places to become available.
Area 4 Team Combined Training at Bishop Burton
Held on 8th April 2017 for Juniors and Seniors.
Consisting of a team of 4, which will include a dressage test and then a round of Showjumping. 2 members of the team will complete a Prelim test and 75cm jumps, 2 members complete a Novice test and 85cm jumps.
There is also an individual's section.
The Test's are: BRC HT 90Q for the 75cm section and BRC HT100Q for the 85cm section.
Entries close on the 15th March.
Please either complete the entry form and post or enter online
Area 4 Showcross- Epworth
Sunday 19th March 2017 at Epworth Equestrian Centre
This competition is designed to be a test of a horse and rider’s ability to negotiate a show jumping course together with a cross-country course. The Challenge consists of seven to ten show jumps followed by fifteen to twenty-five cross-country efforts
There are six challenge classes:
• Senior 100
• Junior 100
• Senior 90
• Junior 90
• Senior 80
• Junior 80
You can be part of a team or an individual if you prefer. In the comments box state which class.
This is a qualifier for the Festival of the Horse- Washbrook Farm, Aston-le-Walls, Daventry, Northamptonshire NN11 6RT
Entry fee is £20 and entries close 20th February.
Any questions please don't hesitate to ask Chelsea on [email protected]
Intermediate on 28-30th April 2017
at Bury Farm Equestrian Village, Bedfordshire
This is the protocol for entering AREA COMPETITIONS.
- Area 4 committee choose the date and venue for the competition following the guidelines in the BRC rule book. All the clubs in Area 4 are notified and we then advertise these to our members.
- The entries have to be in with Area 4 and BRC a clear 21 days prior to the competition, and at this point every member competing MUST appear as a paid up member of the club.
- The closing date for the members to get their entry into the person organising the team may vary but generally speaking it’s at least 31 days prior to the competition due to the selection panel having to meet up and go through all the entries.
- Therefore to avoid disappointment, if you see a competition that you would really like to be part of, send the entry form, payment and copy of your horse’s vaccination certificate back ASAP to the named person on the newsletter or website. No person will be accepted for an Area 4 competition without any of these.
TEXT/FACEBOOK MESSAGES OR EMAILS ARE NOT ACCEPTED AS PROOF THAT YOU WISH TO COMPETE.
Should a rider drop out 3 weeks or less before an event and a replacement is found then 50% entry fee is to be paid by both parties. Should a rider drop out more than 3 weeks prior to an event then they are entitled to 100% refund.
Thank you - ADRC Committee
Area 4 Qualifier Dates 2017 - Schedules will be available nearer the event.
Novice / Intermediate Show Jumping - Jnrs Saturday / Snrs Sunday - Sat 25th & Sun 26th Feb - Bishop Burton
Show Cross-Sunday 19th March (back up date 25th March) - Epworth
Combined Training - Saturday 8th April - Bishop Burton
Horse Trials - Sunday 18th June- Helen Bell's
Dressage to Music - Sunday 16th July - Manor Grange
Summer Show - Sat 22nd & Sun 23rd July - Richmond
Summer Camp Jnr & Snr between - 14th to 20th August - Bishop Burton - (Provisional dates only!)
BRITISH RIDING CLUBS CHAMPIONSHIP DATES FOR 2017 - Click the links to view more information
Festival of the Horse 20-21 May 2017. Washbrook Farm, Aston-le-Walls, Daventry, Northamptonshire NN11 6RT
Dressage to Music Championships 29 September and SEIB Insurance Brokers Quadrille Selection Trial - 1 October 2017
Vaccinations against Equine Influenza
- This rule applies in respect of any horse or pony which competes in a BRC Area Qualifier
- The horse or pony must have been vaccinated against equine influenza by a veterinary surgeon who is not the owner of the animal, in accordance with the following rules:
- The horse or pony must have received a primary injection followed by:
- a second primary injection which is given not less than 21 days and not more than 92 days after the first
- a first booster injection which is given not less than 150 days and not more than 215 days after the second primary injection
- further annual booster injections at intervals of not more than a year apart
- No vaccination to have been given on the day of a competition or entry to championship
stables or on any of the 6 days before a competition or entry to championship stables.
- If the current vaccination programme started BEFORE 1 January 2010:
all annual boosters given AFTER 1 January 2010 must be correct
- If the current vaccination programme started AFTER 1 January 2010:
all annual boosters must be correct
- Horses may compete at BRC Competitions providing that they have had the first two primary
injections. No injection should have been given on any of the 6 days before a competition or
entry to championship stables.
- In the event of failure to comply with any of the requirements of this rule, the horse or pony will
be disqualified and not permitted to take part in any competition to which these rules apply.
Hat Tagging and Body Protectors
All competitors in BRC XC phases must now wear a BETA Level 3 (Purple Label) Body Protector manufactured in the year 2000 or after. For more information, see our Body Protector Guidelines.